More About Space
Radio signals from alien auroras may help expand the search for new planets outside the solar system, astronomers suggest.
It may be just a star, but the sun is the center of our world. It holds the solar system together; pours life-giving light, heat, and energy on Earth; and generates space weather.
The most popular theory of our universe's origin centers on a cosmic cataclysm unmatched in all of history—the big bang.
Humans have studied nebulae for centuries. But space-based and infrared telescopes that can cut through the dust are casting these cosmic cloud formations in a whole new light.
Explore space, with its mysterious galaxies and black holes, and learn more about where we have been and where we're going in this final frontier.
See More Space Features
- World’s First 'Menstrual Cycle in a Dish' Simulates Female Body
- The Underappreciated Man Behind the “Best Graphic Ever Produced”
- See Every Piece of Earth’s Surface Change With New Satellite Map
- Historical Atlases Rescued from the Trash Could be a Boon to Historians
- SpaceX Plans to Send People to the Moon in 2018—Get the Facts
Volunteers risk their lives to vaccinate children in Islamic State-controlled territory in Syria. Video.